cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VikingsFan
Collaborator
Jump to solution

Missing QOS and Desktop Policy

Working in a Lab environment which has a single gateway and management server and trying to play with the Desktop Security.  In our lab, the new policy wizard does not show QOS and Desktop Security but in our PRD environment it does show.  Is there a license or blade that needs to be active?  Both environments look to be running similar blades and both are R81.20.

Searching the forums/google hasn't provided any insight on why they might be missing.

See attached.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
the_rock
Legend
Legend

You need to add it to the policy settings.

Andy

Screenshot_1.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

You need to add it to the policy settings.

Andy

Screenshot_1.png

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Then you get the option to enable in the policy editor.

0 Kudos
VikingsFan
Collaborator

Thanks.  I had read in a doc about needing policy server enabled on a gateway but in our production none of our gateways have that checked and it's still visible so that was throwing me off.  Not sure why production shows it without policy server checked?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Not sure how thats possible, because thats what desktop policy actually is. If you send the screenshots of how you have it configured there, I can confirm.

Andy

0 Kudos
VikingsFan
Collaborator

Here's from production.  It was upgraded from R80.40 so maybe it worked differently back then?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thats possible, cant remember now. I dont sadly have R80.40 to test, but in R81.20, definitely does not work without that option there.

Andy

0 Kudos
VikingsFan
Collaborator

10-4.  I did find the doc I was reading but ignored since our PRD didn't show the same: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R81/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R81_SecurityManagement_AdminGuide/Topi...

Appreciate the help as always!

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

FYFOC = for you, free of charge 😉

No worries, glad to help.

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events