cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wei_Soon_Heng
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to force user sign in to Quantum SASE(Perimeter 81) agent?

Hi All,

I am currently running lab test for my client that want to use SWG(Secure Web Gateway only, not included VPN.
I realized that users must sign in to Perimeter81 agent so that their traffic to internet will get inspected by SWG.
But what if the user does not sign-in manually into the agent? Does we have an options to force user sign-in into agent in order to gain internet access or only allow Perimeter-81 authenticated user go to internet?

There is an options "Connect on Launch" and "Disable Sign-Out" for users but it's still need user to sign-in manually for first time. This will lead to the I.T security administrator need to monitoring every users make sure them to sign-in to agent in very passive way.

I believe other solution(Like Forcepoint ONE) do have feature called "Contextual access control" that make users cannot browse the
internet unless they are authenticated by Forcepoint ONE.

I wish someone can enlighten me on this scenario.

Thanks. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

At the moment, this isn't possible.
However, it is something we plan to address in Q2 2024.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

At the moment, this isn't possible.
However, it is something we plan to address in Q2 2024.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Phoneboy is correct. We had presentation from Sales person at Perimeter 81 and exact same question came up and he said it may come some time this year, but was not sure when.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
rlopes
Employee
Employee

Update: with the current agent version 10.5 we do indeed require and initial login, after which we can cache SWG policies to make security features work regardless of user sign-in status. In a Q3 release we will be able to associate the agent to a user upon install, without requiring an initial login and supporting policy updates.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events