Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0x41cipher
Participant

Shortened Google Forms link end with connection reset when using APP ID or custom URLs

I have been facing this issue where I have a firewall setup. Full google forms links work through the rules and configuration I have. But, whenever I try shortened Google forms link, I am shown an error in all the web browsers which says connection reset or in Firefox, it says Secure Communication Failed PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR. Screenshot of error in Firefox

I searched for solutions in many sites and could find solutions related to Xfinity security settings, however this issue is not ISP dependent. Whenever I allow full access through the firewall, the shortened link works but stops working whenever I use Google APP IDs given in Check Point (used all of them, yet no success) or URL filters specified in https://support.google.com/a/answer/2589954?hl=en.

I also tried whitelisting firebasehostingproxy.page.link, yet no progress.

The full long Google Forms links work with the following APP IDs: Gmail, Google accounts, Google Docs.

Tried with HTTPS inspection enabled and disabled as well, no luck.

This seems to be an issue with the shortened Google Forms URLs. Anyone found a fix for this? Any other URLs to whitelist for this to work.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Version/JHF of gateway?
What shows in the logs when the connection is reset? 
There should be a log entry.

You might also try the following while reproducing the issue: fw ctl zdebug + drop | grep 'x.x.x.x'

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events